Sunday 1 March 2015

Project 365 - Days 1-10

It's fair to say that I don't always keep up with the ingenious schemes I come up with. So after being inspired by The Dainty Squid's version of Project 365, I decided to prove to myself that it was in fact possible to keep something up for more than a week.

The other side of it, was making me sit up and pay attention. Rather than letting everything pass me by, I thought that this could help me document the things that make me happy and appreciate them a little bit more.

I'm now approaching day 50, and even though I've missed the odd day, I'm pretty proud of keeping it up for this long, so here are the first ten instalments of my Project 365.

1/365 
5.1.15

My friend and I decided to visit the Conflict.Time.Photography exhibition at Tate Modern before we went back to uni after the Christmas holidays. It was a fantastic exhibitions, and the outing meant we had a good opportunity to talk about our degree, and the ups and downs of studying a creative subject.

It was as we were walking past St Paul's that I decided to bite the bullet and take on the Project 365 I'd been thinking about doing for so long.


2/365
6.1.15

I love photographing Stan, his grumpy face is just so much fun to get snaps of. This was what'll undoubtedly be many this year.


3/365
7.1.15

A little close-up of textured backgrounds I was working on for a project for my Editorial Design Module. I took a huge U-Turn over the Christmas hols, which (despite a bit of stress), eventually turned out to be a great decision.


4/365
8.1.15

A little more development on the book cover project. The feedback eventually turned out to be overall pretty positive.


5/365
9.1.15

While I've been away, my parents have got into watching Peaky Blinders and have made it onto series 2. I didn't have much idea about backstories etc. but loved the series anyway (and am now trying to catch up on series 1). Whilst watching it I thought I'd have a bash at drawing Cillian Murphy, who plays the lead role.

6/365
10.1.15

Packing up, ready to go back to uni. All the essentials of course: half a dozen notebooks, a copy of Grey's Anatomy and a box of hair dye.


7/365
11.1.15

First day back at uni and lovely cake courtesy of my friend's mum for our housemate whose birthday fell during the holidays!


8/365
12.1.15

Our first night out of the new year!

9/365
13.1.15

The bubble tea shop on campus has become a pretty regular stop in my routine. Sooo much sugar but a much-needed fix during long workshops.



10/365
14.1.15

Girls' night out, taking full advantage of the 40% NUS discount at Pizza Express!

I'll follow up with the next ten days, and hopefully when I'm up to date I'll keep up with each lot as I go. Hope you enjoyed reading!


What would you do for a Project 365?


Find me on:
Instagram   //   Twitter   //   Pinterest   //   Tumblr   //
















No comments:

Post a Comment